Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Parenting WIN...



My family is totally supportive of me joining the Corps, but that doesn’t stop them from occasionally throwing out reasons why I shouldn’t go.   Today’s has been my all time favorite:
Dad:
“I have a proposition for you…
Instead of joining the Peace Corps, St. Louis is starting a women’s football league.  You should stay and do that instead because you’d be great!  And it’s a lingerie league!  Well, I mean not exactly lingerie…”
Me: 
“Oh, I know.  Just shorty shorts, a bikini top, and pads.  I’ve looked into joining one of those before.  It’s awesome St. Louis is finally getting a league!  Maybe when I get back…”
Dad: 
“But you’ll be too old to play then!”
Me: 
“I’ll be 27…”
Dad:
“Yeah, ok… but think about how good you could be if you start now!  You could be in the hall of fame or something!  Just think about it…”
Yep, my dad told me to skip the peace corps to join a lingerie football league.  And, it was urgent enough for him to grab the phone from mom right before she hung up so he could tell me about it.  
Little does he know that the hardest part of living abroad is not experiencing my family’s shenanigans on a daily basis.  I so so so love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment