Wednesday, May 22, 2013

30 seconds of internet. And GO!

So yeah, craziness trying to get internet these days, but I've got some for then next couple minutes.  I'm living in the hinterland with little to no cell service, so, obviously, I'm not getting much in the way of internet.

I'm loving Guyana so far.  My host family for training is fantastic.  I've got two little host brothers, Jacob and Justin, who are 11 and 4, respectively.  I'm ridiculously obnoxious to the little one, but he loves it.  We all get along splendidly.

I've already experienced snakes, giant spiders, bats flying around my bedroom at night, and frogs and cockroaches in the kitchen/bathroom/everywhere at night.  And I'm loving every minute.  :)

I won't know where I'm going for sure until June 14, but I'll let y'all know just now (Guyanese for some unknown amount of time in the future.  Just now does NOT mean right now.  Lesson #1)

Got to go!  Much lovessss!!!!!!!  MUAH!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time, and it's been fantastic getting to talk to you every now and then! The giant spiders still freak me out a bit, but maybe not as much as the cockroaches..LOL Keep tossing in the bits of Guyanese speak...I love it! (and I love the way my brain goes to some island accent when I read it..LOL) Don't forget to update your wish list! It'll be going out just now.. ;-) Dad and I are eagerly looking at travel plans so when the time comes we'll be well prepared to have a great time with our huge hearted and wildly adventurous world traveller! Save me a coconut and wave to a monkey for me! I love you!!! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete